Here are 4 of the best exercises to build up the side of your butt. Building the side of the butt makes your booty rounder and more balanced! This area gets left out so often in other workouts, it is super important to focus on it as well. This is also one of the hardest parts of your booty to build so start putting in that work!
1. Squats With A Leg Raise
– Stand with your feet shoulder-width distance apart, feet parallel. Hold your hands out in front of you for balance. Bend your knees, lowering your hips deeply so your thighs are parallel with the floor, keeping your weight back in your heels.
– Then rise back up, straightening the legs completely and lifting the left leg out to the side, squeezing the outer glute.
– As you step the foot back into shoulder-width distance position, squat down again. Then stand up and do a side leg lift on the right side. Lower the leg back to the starting position.
– This counts as one rep. Do three sets of 15 reps on each side.
2. Side To Side Hops
– Stand with your feet a few inches apart, with your right foot on the plastic lid. Make a fist with one hand and cup your other hand over it. Keep your hands in front of your chest throughout the exercise to help you stay balanced.
– Put weight into your left leg, and as you slowly bend your left knee and squat down, slide your right foot out to the side. Then as you slowly straighten your leg, slide the right foot back in. Most of your weight remains in the leg that’s not moving.
– Complete three sets of 10 reps with each leg
3. Fire hydrants
– Position yourself on your hands and knees on the ground. This will be your starting position.
– Keeping the knee in a bent position, abduct the femur, moving your knee away from the midline of the body.
– Pause at the top of the motion, and then slowly return to the starting position.
– Perform this slowly for a number of repetitions, and repeat on the other side.
4. Side to side lunges
– Start with your feet directly under your hips. Step your right foot wide to the side coming into a lunge with your left fingers touching your right foot. Your right knee shouldn’t go beyond your right toes. Keep your chest lifted and your weight in your heels.
– Push into your right foot to return to standing, then lunge sideways to the left to complete one rep.
– Complete two sets of 10 on each side.
Let me know how you guys like it!